March’s monthly meeting provided an opportunity to hash out a lot of details for events over the next 6 months. We will be building upon last year’s ambitious calendar and participating once again in some important local festivals. Several additional brew days and intra-club homebrew competitions have also been included to round out what will be a great summer!
Here’s what’s on tap for club members:
- April 23 – Our April Club meeting will be held at Elizabeth Brewing Company in Elizabeth, CO. EBC is located in a 130-year old historic building and the relatively new brewery has received some very good reports on their brews.
- May 4 – Big Brew Day at Brew Hut in Aurora. We’ll brew 20 gallons of something special (to be determined at the April meeting) and put it in a Downslope Distilling barrel to age. This is event is always a fun time and Brew Hut has had giveaways in the past.
- May 19 – Belgian Pale Ale club competition at Welcome Home Brewing in Parker. Brew up your best Belgian Pale Ale and enter it (free!). The brew crew at Welcome Home Brewing will pick the winner and have agreed to co-brew on their system in June. The entire club is welcome to help with the commercial brew day. Get brewing now if you haven’t already! Here are the style guidelines.
- June 8 – Club brew day & monthly meeting – Hosted by Judy and Dave Kuenker. Brewing starts at 9AM, meeting starts at noon. Bring a side to share and some homebrew.
- End of June – Club officer voting and dues payment
- July 20 – Club brew day & monthly meeting – Hosted by Glenn and Veronica Berry. Brewing starts at 9AM, meeting starts at noon. Bring a side to share and some homebrew.
- August 10 – Club brew day & monthly meeting – Hosted by Will and Erin Trail. Yep, brewing starts at 9AM, meeting starts at noon. Bring a side to share and some homebrew. Also, judging for the Intra-Club Summer Beer Competition will take place at this meeting.
- August 17 – Parker Brewfest. Our club will brew a demo beer on site. Last year’s event was very well received by fest-goers and we had a lot of people sign up for our club email list. We will need 4-5 members to help with the setup, brewing and teardown.
- September 24 – Monthly Club meeting, location TBD. More details will be communicated nearer the date.
And finally – for those members that don’t have one of our awesome club shirts, we will be putting in another order on May 1.
The color is light grey with our club logo above the left chest pocket. Brewer name (or short phrase) can be added above the right chest pocket. Normal cost is $25/shirt, XXL is $27, XXXL is $28 – but the cost for 2018-2019 dues paying members is $15 less as club funds will be used to offset some of the cost. So, there’s already a great return on investment for your club dues!
These dates and events have been added to the calendar on our website. Additional information will be provided as things evolve.
Get ready for a fun spring and summer, full of opportunities to improve your homebrew skills, hang out with your club beerbuds, enter your brews in club competitions and generally enjoy life as a HopAholic. It doesn’t get much better than that!